Title: Senior Development Officer
Department(s): Development Office
Reports to: Assistant Headmaster for Advancement
Status: Exempt; Full-Time; Faculty
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for working with the Assistant Headmaster for Advancement to manage and grow the school’s Major Gifts and Planned Giving Programs primarily through continuing to increase the quality and volume of personal contact the School has with key constituents including Alumni and their families, Current Parents, Parents of Alumni, Current and Grandparents of Alumni, and other Friends. Responsibilities include managing a pool of prospects with particular emphasis on Capital Gifts, Annual Fund Leadership gifts, and Planned Gifts, and managing or participating in other special projects.
· Serve as the Primary Manager for portfolio of up to 200 prospective and actual Major Gift constituents throughout all phases of the giving life-cycle: Identification, Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship.
· Directly solicit constituents for Capital Gifts or arrange for their solicitation by others as appropriate.
· Work with the Annual Fund team to identify and solicit prospective Annual Fund Leadership donors.
· Develop and manage a Planned Giving program, including the Hall Manor Society.
· Maintain information about constituents and provide reports as required by the Assistant Headmaster for Advancement.
· Set goals, objectives and timetables, with the Assistant Headmaster for Advancement, for solicitation and cultivation activities.
· Travel throughout the US (and selectively internationally) to connect with constituents, attend school events, execute duties as Primary Manager and Planned Giving Program manager.
· Endowment stewardship
· Endowed scholarship recipient thank you letters
· Manage prospect research and rating initiatives
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of front-line fundraising experience (or its sales and marketing equivalent), major gifts experience preferred
· Working knowledge of Planned Giving
· Proficiency, or at least familiarity, with the most recent versions of Raiser’s Edge, especially NXT, and Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent analytical and marketing skills
· High degree of comfort with the use of technology including strong computer and internet skills
· Administrative abilities, organizational skills, and the capacity to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail
· The ability to work closely with a varied constituent base (Board of Regents, alumni, parents, faculty and staff), to exercise discretion, and to maintain information with appropriate confidentiality
· Willingness to work as part of a team in all aspects of the job
· Willingness to travel
· Willingness to work nights and weekends
· A strong connection to the mission of Portsmouth Abbey School
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Development Officer” in the Subject line. No calls please.