Suggested Packing List
1. Please bring 14 washable fabric face masks or face coverings. These should be 2-ply cotton. They can be any color or pattern. They should adhere to regular dress code requirements of not depicting or referring to drugs or alcohol, and may not have inappropriate or offensive images or innuendos. Face masks need to be washed after one day of use.
2. Please bring a small fan to assist with air circulation in each dorm room.
3. Please help our community maintain valuable cleaning standards by bringing less stuff overall. Bring or purchase the minimum amount of bedding, towels, clothing and decorations you will need.
- School Dress*
- Boys – Blazers, button down shirts, turtlenecks, polo shirts, dress pants (no denim), ties, leather shoes
- Girls – Blazers, button down shirts, turtlenecks, polo shirts, dress pants (no denim or leggings), skirts and dresses no shorter than 3” above the knee, leather shoes
- Casual Dress – T-shirts, sweatshirts/pants, jeans, sweaters, sneakers
- Athletic Dress – Sweats, see Athletic Equipment Information
- House Dress – sleepwear, robe, slippers, flip-flops for showering
- Cold weather and rain gear – winter coat, rain jacket, fleece, gloves, scarf, hat, boots for rain and snow
*Please refer to the dress code guidelines in the student handbook for more specific information.
- Bedding - sheets (2 sets, twin extra-long 39”x80”), towels (2 sets), mattress topper, blankets/comforter, pillow
- Shower caddy
- Alarm clock
- Cell phone charger
- Electric razor
- Laundry bag, clothes hamper or basket
- Clothes hangers
- Small fan
- Backpack or shoulder bag
- Basic school supplies
Each student room has a bed and mattress, pillow, desk lamp, wastebasket, desk and chair, chest of drawers, and closet or armoire. Student houses are not air conditioned. Washers and dryers are available for student use and require quarters to operate. Many students choose to bring a small area rug (2.5’ x 3’) to place next to their bed, as rooms are not carpeted.
Vending machines with drinks and snacks for purchase are available in each house.
Please note: Bed, Bath & Beyond and Walmart are both a 15 minute drive from campus. Target is about a 30 minute drive. For those students traveling a distance, it may be easier to purchase some items upon arrival. A minibus for students travels to Walmart every Sunday afternoon, and the on-campus bookstore stocks school supplies as well as Abbey apparel.
What NOT to bring is sometimes just as important as what to bring!
Due to safety and fire code regulations, please refrain from bringing the following items to campus:
- Candles/scented warmers
- Electronic heating devices (hot plates, coffee makers, toasters, irons, electric blankets, etc.)
- String lights
- Halogen lamps or non-LED lamps
- Upholstered furniture
- Inflatable chairs
- Milk crates
- Pets of any kind
- Motorized vehicles (hoverboard, scooter, etc.) Skateboards and manual scooters are allowed after the academic day, but only if the rider wears a helmet