Tuition and Financial Aid
Eligibility for Portsmouth Abbey School financial aid grants is based on demonstrated need, academic merit and the availability of funds. These funds are derived from income generated by gifts and bequests made specifically for this purpose, as well as from the operating income. These awards are renewed on a yearly basis; however, parents must complete the financial aid application annually.
This year 37% of our students were awarded over $5,000,000 in financial aid.
Families who anticipate needing financial aid at any time during their child's career at Portsmouth Abbey must apply for aid at the time of the admissions application. It is not possible to consider requests for financial assistance after admission decisions are made. Financial aid is available primarily to United States citizens. International students are eligible to receive financial aid; however, Portsmouth Abbey has limited funds available for this purpose.
- Q. How do I apply for financial aid?
- Q. What is Portsmouth Abbey's tuition?
- Q. How many Portsmouth Abbey students receive financial aid?
- Q. When is the financial aid application due?
- Q. How is the financial aid package determined?
- Q. What if I have more than one child in school?
- Q. What is the process in the case of parents who are separated or divorced?
- Q. How does one obtain financial aid forms?
- Q. What if my 2020 tax return is not available by January 31st?
- Q. What if a parent goes back to school or changes jobs?
- Q. If we receive financial aid in our child's first year at Portsmouth Abbey, will receive the same award in subsequent years?
- Q. If we do not receive financial aid in our child's first year at Portsmouth Abbey, is there a chance we might get it in subsequent years?
- Q. When will I find out if we got financial aid?