The Business Office is open Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Student Incidental Account
An addition to the tuition account of the FACTS website, each student also has an incidental account located directly below the tuition section. This account is intended for all charges incurred besides tuition. Tuition refund insurance, bookstore, travel expenses, athletic photos, equestrian lessons, etc. are a few examples of charges you will see on your child’s account.
- At the end of each month, a detailed statement is emailed to you from FACTS Mgt. As this is a mass email, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts in order to guarantee delivery.
- To pay via credit card, please visit our Make a Payment form.
Student Tin Box Account
Student Tin Box Account
The Abbey refers to their student bank as the “Tin Box.” Accounts may be opened during the registration process at Opening of School in the Administration Building first floor Business Office. Money may be withdrawn at the hours posted in September. Policies and procedures governing the Tin Box are as follows:
- To deposit funds via credit card, make a payment using our online form. If you would like to make a deposit over the phone, please call 401.643.1299. Note a 2.5% processing fee will be applied to Tin Box credit card transactions.
- For payment by check – Pay to Portsmouth Abbey School, Attn: Claire Rak 285 Cory’s Lane, Portsmouth RI, 02871. Please write your child’s name and Tin Box in the Memo.
- Checks returned due to insufficient funds require a service charge according to the policies of the cashing bank (normally $25).
- Transfer of money from the incidental account to the student’s tin box account requires parental approval via an email or call to the Business Office.
- Tin Box withdrawals in excess of $100 require the approval of a member of the School Administration. Withdrawals in excess of $250 also require approval from the student’s parent.
- An ATM machine is located near the student mailboxes, which accepts cards from the following networks: Visa, MasterCard, Cirrus, Star, NYCE Maestro and Plus. The transaction fee is $2.50.
BookstoreThe Bookstore, located at ground level of the Science Building, is open business days, Monday through Friday from 10:45am – 2:30pm. Purchases in the Bookstore may be charged to the student’s FACTS Account if parental permission is received by the Business Office. All purchases require the students’ tuition and FACTS accounts to be in good standing.
The bookstore manager purchases books on behalf of students and faculty. For those who choose to acquire textbooks on their own, the School will provide book lists as well as a list of possible sources. Please contact Lance Ruggiero for more information.
MailOutgoing mail is picked up Monday – Friday at 3:00pm and on Saturday at 11:00 am from the mail slot in the Mail Room and from Miss Pauline, the School receptionist. Students are assigned a mailbox and he/she is responsible for any damage to the box. Mailbox combinations should remain private. Student’s school mailing address should indicate:
Student’s Name (Please do not use the box number)
Portsmouth Abbey School
285 Cory's Lane
Portsmouth, R.I. 02871-1352
UPS parcels are delivered to the same address. Packages not picked up within three school days will be returned as unclaimed.