Mealtimes at Portsmouth Abbey School are all about community. No cell phone use is permitted in the Stillman Dining Hall and hats are removed. We encourage all students to communicate with each other and connect in the midst of busy days.
A formal, sit-down lunch is offered twice weekly during the School year. These lunches provide students with the opportunity to spend time with faculty and peers they otherwise would not have the opportunity to know. In addition, the family-style serving enables the practice of table manners and fosters further connections.
Finding your favorite foods on campus is easy. We are proud to offer a dining program complete with signature brands and menu selections that include just about every item you can imagine.
Featuring a wide variety of fresh foods designed to satisfy everyone's appetite:
- Fresh Fruits & Salads
- Delicious Hot, Home-Style Entrees
- Made to Order Deli & Panini (four days per week) On a Variety of Breads and Rolls
- New Custom Creations By Our Culinary Experts Just For You
- Ice Cream Bars and Ron's Freshly Baked Desserts & Breakfast Pastries
- Housemade Soups & Chowders
- And You Can Enjoy "All You Care To Eat"!
- Order a Birthday Cake for your child. Please complete the form and submit 10 days in advance.
Dining Policies & Procedures
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures.
- Please bring your plates, utensils and disposables to the dish room window when you have finished dining.
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
- As most meals are self service and it is "all you care to eat" please take what you like but be conscious of food waste and eat what you take! It is all our responsibility to eliminate food waste as much as possible.
Your dining experience is more than great food, just like sustainability is more than simply saying we are going "green." At Sodexo, we understand the best way to have a better today and a better tomorrow is to be proactive for your health, for your community and for your planet. On our site you'll find information to make healthy choices in all three of these areas. Explore it and check back often for updates because a better tomorrow starts today!
Food Alliance: Sustainable products are those considered to be environmentally friendly and socially responsible, and Food Alliance certified farmers must meet strict standards in reducing the use of pesticides, conserving natural resources and wildlife habitats conservation and providing safe and fair conditions for their workers.
Since 1999, the Sodexo Foundation has been committed to being a driving and creative force that contributes to a hunger-free nation. In order to eliminate hunger that affects 36 million people in the United States we must fight its root causes.
Local Milk from Local Farms! With Rhody Fresh Milk you are getting milk from local Rhode Island farms that's as fresh as can be and free of artificial growth hormones. It's so good!