The Portsmouth Abbey Alumni community is composed of more than 4,000 loyal Ravens around the globe.
As the global, national, and local impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, Portsmouth Abbey School continues taking the necessary precautions to help ensure the health and safety of our community. This applies to our engagement with our Alumni community as well. While we are thrilled to have opened the 2020-21 school year with students on campus for in-person learning, all School-sponsored travel to international and domestic locations remains suspended until future notice. That said, see below for just a few of the exciting opportunities during this school year through which Alumni can connect with the School and with each other. Please check this page often as we will be adding to these opportunities throughout the year. In the meantime, thank you for all you do for Portsmouth Abbey School.
Opportunities for engagement:
1. Online Alumni Community and Alumni Directory – The Portsmouth Abbey Alumni Community provides you with access to an online alumni directory and allows you to search for fellow Ravens by name, class year, profession, location, and more. You can also update your personal information, view your giving history to the School, and select which information you want visible to alumni. Visit my.portsmouthabbey.org to login in.
If you have questions about how to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Nominate a Raven – If you know of an alumnus/ae who is contributing in some way to the fight against the coronavirus, we would like to highlight their work through the School’s social media platforms. This work might take the form of a frontline healthcare worker, a public servant, a spiritual director, a community organizer, etc. Please send a brief description of your nominee to Patty Gibbons, assistant director of development and alumni affairs, at email@example.com.
3. Virtual Receptions – Headmaster Dan McDonough, Prior Administrator Fr. Michael Brunner, O.S.B. and others will be hosting several virtual receptions throughout the year. Details to follow.
4. Young Alumni Spotlight – If you know of a young alumnus/a (15 years out or younger) doing great things in the workplace or the community, please nominate them for our ongoing Young Alumni Spotlight series by filling out this form. You can also contact Paige Cunningham, assistant director of the annual fund and alumni engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Reunions 2021 – Planning continues for Reunion Weekend which has been moved to September 17-19, 2021 and will honor the major reunion years for all classes ending in 0, 1, 5 and 6. Click the link in the banner to the left for more information.
6. Scholarship Golf Tournament – Planning is underway for our 20th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament which is scheduled to take place on June 4, 2021 at The Aquidneck Club (formerly Carnegie Abbey Club). Please contact Carla Kenahan, director of special events, to discuss sponsorship and auction opportunities at email@example.com or 401-643-1186.